Mandurah Health – Pilates
Raechelle Bidesi – Pilates Studio Manager
Overlooking the beautiful Dolphin Quay Beach, our boutique Pilates Room is designed to ensure that you have a guided and personalised Pilates experience tailored to your own needs and goals – all in a peaceful and supportive environment.
The Benefits of Pilates
A regular Pilates program may improve:
- Core strength and stability
- Joint stability and mobility
- Muscle balance, flexibility, and strength
- Coordination, concentration, and balance
- Injury prevention and injury rehabilitation
- Posture, motor skills, and sports/performance ability
- Clinical Pilates may be beneficial for Arthritis and Osteoporosis as it is low impact, mobilising, and supportive of joints
All visitors to the Mandurah Health Pilates Room attend an initial consultation to complete a health and medical screening questionnaire and muscle testing and movement assessment. This ensures that we are able to assess whether there are any:
- Biomechanic faults
- Postural issues, and
- Any other contributing factors to possible pain, injury or limitations in mobility.
At this consultation, we will discuss your individual medical history and personal goals in commencing a Pilates program.
Additional feedback and support from our Chiropractors if required.
Pilates sessions – 1:1, Duo or Groups of no more than 4 participants in a studio class
Prenatal and Post Natal Pilates
Injury Rehabilitation Exercises
In addition to your Studio Pilates class, you may be given personalised home exercises to support your studio exercise program.
We work closely with the Chiropractic team at Mandurah Health to ensure that our Chiropractic clients are also able to benefit from our rehabilitative Pilates exercises.
Please note that any session you wish to attend must be pre booked through the Mandurah Health Chiropractic Clinic: (08) 9535 2303.
What to Bring to Our Pilates Room
- Wear comfortable, non-restrictive clothing
- Pilates Socks must be worn in the studio – these can be purchased at our clinic
- Long hair should be worn tied up
- Please avoid wearing sharp or dangling jewellery for your safety and to avoid damaging studio equipment
- Water bottle
- Please keep your mobile phone switched off throughout the session for the privacy and comfort of other patrons.
“In 10 sessions you’ll feel a difference, in 20 you’ll see the difference, and in 30 you’ll have a whole new body.” – Joseph Pilates
Mat Work Pilates Classes at External Locations
We also conduct Mat Work classes at other venues during the term. Our Mat Work classes for general fitness are not suitable for injury rehabilitation, pre-natal or post-natal clients.
Spaces are limited to 8 participants. To book a space in one of these classes, please call our office on (08) 9535 2303.
Schedule & Fees:
Please call our reception desk to enquire about our current appointment schedule and fees for any of our Pilates sessions.