World Spine Day 2023 Event at Mandurah Health
World Spine Day is a part of the Global Alliance of Musculoskeletal Health’s Bone and Joint Decade Action Week, and occurs every October.
World Spine Day supports the prevention and effective management of back pain and other spinal conditions.
Spinal pain and disability affects all age groups and is the biggest single cause of years lived with disability on the planet.
This Year’s Theme is #MoveYourSpine
Staying active helps people to improve their spinal health.
To encourage our community to stay active, we are hosting a free matwork Pilates class at Mandurah Health.
This beginners class will be held on Monday, October 16 from 7.00-7.45am.
Spaces are limited, registrations are essential, and terms and conditions do apply to attend the class. You can register via our website or call our front desk team: (08) 9535 2303.
More Tips on Moving Move for Spine Health:
Here are some simple suggestions about how we can support our spine by moving more:
- If you work at a desk, try setting a timer at your desk at least every 30 minutes to move
- Consider having a walking meeting or social catch up with a friend
- Park your car further away from your workplace or the shops if you can
- Gardening is a great activity for muscle, bone and joint health
- Be mindful of how you lift and repetitive lifting activities – ask for help with heavy items
- Remember that all exercise activity counts, and incremental movements can add up, such as cleaning
- Avoid looking down at your phone for long periods of time
- Stretching and balance exercises are also helpful for spinal health
- Choose a fitness exercise that you enjoy
- Low intensity exercises such as Tai Chi, Pilates and Yoga can be helpful for spinal health
Remember, if you are new to exercise or have any symptoms, seeking advice from your medical and health professionals is important so that they can support you in your fitness journey.
We look forward to helping our community move more for spinal health in 2023!